Fibretemp® functional principle
Electrical contact is established with the carbon fibre fabric in a similar manner to a heating wire and this then generates heat.
In doing so, the heating field builds up evenly due to the fabric structure of the heating layers.
The homogeneity of the power output enables the heating layers to be positioned close to the surface of the mould:
● Quick reaction time thanks to short thermal paths
● 50% lower energy requirement in the heat-up phase
● Temperatures currently up to 180°C
The fabric structure of the heating layers routes the current around any damage:
● Extremely robust heating fields
● Holes can be introduced into a finished heating field
● No failure of the heating field due to a burned heating wire
● The uniform current draw without heating intervals along with the thermal discharge over the full surface area protects the structure of the mould and enables long, maintenance-free service lives.
Fibretemp® heating fields are operated with low voltage (<40V):
● Eliminates electric shock hazards
● Cost-effective conversion to other supply voltages (e.g. 480V, 347V, 120V).
● Cost-effective upgrade of the heating power: Moulds that were designed for use at 90°C can be upgraded to 130°C for example.
High-end and low-tech
Fibretemp® moulds are ideal for the manufacturing of high-precision carbon fibre structures:
● Almost no thermal expansion of the mould shells
● Highest levels of geometrical precision for moving mould shells
Fibretemp® moulds with honey comb coring are very light and can also be actively cooled through aeration of the sandwich core (cycle time, quality assurance).
Embedded in a single skin laminate, fibretemp® mould shells can be infused in one shot.
Fibretemp® heating fields can also be supplied as sewed up fibre stacks, facilitating the fabrication of heated moulds even more.
Fibretech composites has carried out continuous further development of the fibretemp® heating technology throughout the last 10 years enabling it to be used for a variety of applications. Get in touch with us – we would be delighted to outline the advantages of a fibretemp® mould for your application!